There are Millions of Mayflower Descendants – Are You One?
If you are able to prove direct descent from a Mayflower passenger, joining the Colorado Society of Mayflower Descendants is a great way to honor your family’s history! We would love to have you join us.
Any person 18 years of age or older*, who is able to document their direct descent from one or more of the passengers aboard the Mayflower, the ship that landed in Plymouth, New England in December of 1620, is eligible to apply for membership in the Mayflower Society. Of the 102 Mayflower Passengers, these are the ancestors with known descendants:
- John Alden and Priscilla Mullins
- Isaac Allerton and Mary Norris as well as their children: Bartholomew, Remember and Mary
- John Billington and Elinor (last name unknown) and their son, Francis
- William Bradford
- William Brewster and Mary (last name unknown) and their children: Love and Wrestling
- Peter Browne
- James Chilton and Mrs. Chilton and their daughter, Mary
- Francis Cooke and his son, John
- Edward Doty
- Francis Eaton and Sarah, along with their son, Samuel
- Moses Fletcher
- Edward Fuller and Mrs. Fuller and their son, Samuel
- Samuel Fuller
- Stephen Hopkins and Elizabeth Fisher and their children: Constance/Constanta, Giles, Damaris and Oceanus
- John Howland and Elizabeth Tilley
- Richard More
- William Mullins and Alice
- Degory Priest
- Thomas Rogers and his son, Joseph
- Henry Samson
- George Soule
- Myles Standish
- John Tilley and Joan Hurst
- Richard Warren
- William White and Susanna Jackson and their children: Resolved and Peregrine
- Edward Winslow and Susanna Jackson
The process to become a member is outlined below and can be further explained by our Society Historian. This volunteer is ready to assist you and will work with you to complete the required lineage research. Please follow these steps:
Step One: Contact either of our Historians by email and express your interest in membership. Please write Colorado.Historian.Allie@gmail.com for more details.
Step Two: The Historian will send you a Preliminary Application Form that includes a Synopsis of the Line of Descent. Complete and sign this document and return it to the Historian (the address is on the form) with your payment to the Colorado Mayflower Society for $230.00. This fee includes your first year’s dues of $50.00, which are refundable if your application is rejected. (The remainder is non-refundable so please have your lineage researched to a point you believe it is accurate before submitting payment. A Society Historian can assist with this.)
Step Three: The Historian will use your Preliminary Application Form to request a lineage match from Plymouth. Once information from that match, as well as information from the appropriate Mayflower Silver Book, is entered into your work-in-progress application, the Historian will contact you to discuss which generations require documentation as well as what type of documentation will be accepted. While it is your responsibility to locate these documents, the Historian is there to assist you with various resources and can help with your research efforts.
Step Four: Once the application has been deemed complete by the Historian, it is submitted along with all supporting documentation and payment from the Colorado Society to the Historian General of the General Society of Mayflower Descendants in Plymouth for review and verification by a staff genealogist.
Step Five: Plymouth will notify the Society Historian of the verification of your application and you will receive an email notification from the Historian. The Historian will forward to you a copy of the verified application and your Membership Certificate – each will include your Colorado Membership number and your General Society membership number.
For more information or to request a Colorado Mayflower Society Welcome Packet, please write to Allie Golon at Colorado.Historian.Allie@gmail.com.